Everything you need to know about PEI cottages for rent on the beach
Whether you’re travelling with friends, taking the family on an adventure, or looking to get away with your partner, renting a cottage in Prince Edward Island is a great choice.
Prince Edward Island as you might already know is one of eastern Canada's maritime provinces with a geographically diverse landscape. There is something for everyone – whether you’re looking for the beach, the pristine wilderness, waterfalls, or small-town settings.
Things to Consider When Renting a Beach Cottage in PEI
1) Location - How close are you to the stunning views of the ocean? Is it a short walk down to the shoreline? Do you have access to a private dock or a private beach? Is Cavendish beach or other sandy beaches close by for morning strolls? Are there any amenities nearby like restaurants, grocery stores, etc?
2) Amenities - What kind of amenities does the property have? Does it have air conditioning, heating, hot tubs, fireplaces, pools, laundry facilities, Wi-Fi, etc.?
3) Price - How much will you be spending per night? Will you be sharing the space with others? If so, how many people?
4) Pictures - Have a look at some of the pictures online before making your decision. You can also take a virtual tour of the property using Google Street View.
You should be aware of the needs and wants of your group or partner and be able to look for these details on each cottage listing.
The Best Season to Rent a Beach Cottage in PEI
If you want to enjoy the best weather in the province, then summertime is the perfect time to visit Prince Edward Island. However, if you plan ahead, you can find a cottage to rent during all seasons.
Summertime is when most families make PEI their vacation destination. It’s warm enough to go swimming but not too hot. This is the season to enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking, and golfing.
Spring and fall are ideal times to visit Prince Edward Island because you can still enjoy the outdoors while experiencing beautiful scenery and mild temperatures.
Winter is another popular time to visit PEI. Many locals head to the island during this season to escape the cold weather. They love being surrounded by nature and enjoying the snow.
Your Budget for Renting a Beach Cottage in PEI
Since there are just so many beach houses available for PEI vacation in so many different areas, it’s important to set a budget.
It’s always better to spend less than what you think you’ll need. That way, you won’t end up spending money on things you don’t really need.
Using Two sisters beach, a vacation rental in PEI as a reference, the beach house costs $600/night. And on average, a person spends around $500-$600 per week on food. So, if you’re planning on staying in a cottage for two weeks, you may need to do your calculation.
When booking a cottage, make sure to ask yourself “How long do I expect to stay here?”
This will help you determine how much time you’ll need to budget for groceries.
Is the Beach Cottage Rental Property Pet-Friendly?
Many rental cottages are pet friendly. But, if you plan on bringing your dog along, make sure that the landlord allows pets.
Some landlords allow dogs, cats, birds, fish, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, and other small animals.
However, some landlords only allow certain types of pets. For example, the others only allow dogs.
There are certain rules regarding pets in rental properties. For example, they must be kept under control at all times, they cannot be left unattended outside, and many more.
How to Rent/Book a Beach Cottage in PEI
To book a beach cottage in Prince Edward Island, follow these steps:
1) Find the right place. Start searching for a beach cottage in Ontario online. There are many websites where you can search for them.
2) Book an appointment. Once you have found a suitable beach cottage, call the owner to schedule a meeting.
3) Meet with the owners. When you meet with the owners, you can get a feel for their personality and see whether or not they seem trustworthy.
4) Make a deposit. After you’ve met with the owners, you should pay a security deposit. The amount varies from one property to another.
5) Sign the contract. After everything has been settled, sign the agreement. You’ll also need to pay any additional fees such as cleaning fees, damage deposits, etc.
6) Pay the balance. Finally, after everything has been paid, you can move into your new home!
7) Enjoy!Pei Cottages For Rent On The Beach