When Walt Disney World opened its gates in 1971, Orlando and the neighboring trading post turned booming real estate town of Kissimmee became ultimate vacation destinations. Hotels, condominiums, vacation homes, restaurants, and other tourism establishments sprung up in order to accommodate the demands of the new industry. The golden beaches, year-round clear skies, and sprouting of all kinds of amusements and attractions truly make these Florida towns a flourishing tourism hub. Here are select rental communities you can choose from when planning a visit to these tourist wonderlands:
- Emerald Island Resort Community - This resort-type community features spacious homes only 3.5 miles from Disney World, making it the perfect place to host your Disney-themed vacation. Homes have private pools, and guests have access to a community pool, along with other amenities like a clubhouses with fitness center, tennis courts, arcade games, and many more.
- Indian Creek Vacation Homes Community - Only 5 minutes by road to Disney World (3 miles), this location features large, spacious homes and villas, along with community amenities like a basketball court, a soccer field, tennis court, and a playground for kids. Within 1 mile of the community are conveniences like a drugstore, a grocery store, and several restaurants.
- Formosa Gardens Subdivision - This estate is one of the largest and most luxurious in the area, within 3 miles of Walt Disney World. Other must see destinations are within easy driving distance of this rental development, including Sea World and Universal Studios.
- Rolling Hills Vacation Homes - These 4-bedroom rental properties put guests within 5 minutes of Walt Disney World. It is the perfect base for an Orlando Vacation, as well as for an exciting golf tour, with a number of professional courses within easy reach.
- Windsor Palms Vacation Homes Resort - Situated just behind Indian Creek, this highly-secured resort community features a 24-hour gated entrance, along with other conveniences like a 58-seater cinema, a gym, a clubhouse, spa, volleyball and basketball courts, an Olympic size pool, convenience store, and a gym.
- Windsor Hills Vacation Homes - Another guard gated community within 3 miles of Disney World, Windsor Hills is the perfect choice for those looking for great recreational opportunities outside of the amusement parks.
- Terra Verde Vacation Homes - Lushly landscaped, Terra Verde is a true private sanctuary, featuring its own clubhouse, where guests can enjoy socializing over arcade games, spa treatments, or simply soaking up the sun by the loungers at the pool bar.
WALT DISNEY WORLD ORLANDO FLORIDA TICKETS
Magic Kingdom: This is the place where enchantment reigns over land after land of magic and make believe, from the totally insane new Stitch's Great Escape! attraction to Mickey's PhilharMagic 3-D "sym-funny" of fun, plus all-time favorites like Space Mountain!
Epcot: Let your spirits soar with world travel and wide-eyed excitement. Prepare for liftoff at the new Misssion: SPACE attraction, the most trilling Disney experience ever created. At night, see the laser and fireworks wonders of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.
Disney - MGM Studios: Big-screen thrills, TV fun and the best of Broadway come together here. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is scarier than ever, as you drop at random through 13 floors of fright. The nighttime Fantasmic! show pits Mickey against Disney villains.
Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Prepare for a trilling journey into wild adventures, like an exciting Kilimanjaro Safaris expedition through 110 acres of African savannah, an explosive 65-million-year time trek on DINOSAUR, and fun with Timon and friends at Festival of the Lion King.
There's Disney Fun for everyone in the Family!
CHURCH - SERVICES:
- Apostolic: First United Church of Jesus Christ Apostolic 550 E Jackson St., Kissimmee 407-847-4009
- Baptist: First Baptist Church of Orlando 3000 S John Young Parkway, Orlando 407-425-2555
- Baptist: Bible Baptist Church 1500 E Vine St., Kissimmee 407-847-4087
- Buddhist: Soka Gakkai Int'l USA 452 N Semoran Blvd, Orlando (approx. 25 mi.) 407-482-3939
- Catholic:Holy Redeemer Catholic Church 1603 N Thacker Ave, Kissimmee 407-847-2500
- Christian: First Christian Church 415 N Main St., Kissimmee 407-847-2543
- Church of Christ: W. Orange Christian Church 7325 Conroy-Windermere Rd., Orlando 407-299-2092
- Church of Christ: Church of Christ Kissimmee 921 W Vine St., Kissimmee 407-847-5749
- Church of God: Living Waters Church of God 1001 W Carroll St., Kissimmee 407-847-6387
- Community: Hunter's Creek Community Church 123 Hand St., Kissimmee 407-846-8300
- Episcopal: St John's Episcopal Church 1709 N John Young Pkwy, Kissimmee 407-847-2009
- Hindu: Chinmaya Mission 1221 Florida Rd., Casselberry 407-699-7331
- Independent: Celebration Worship Center 231 Academy Dr., Kissimmee 407-847-4031
- Islamic: Islamic Center of Kissimmee 2350 Old Vineland Rd., Kissimmee 407-390-1100
- Jehovah's Witnesses: Central Congregation of Jehovah?s Witnesses Kissimmee 407-931-0062
- Lutheran: Trinity Lutheran Church 3016 W Vine St., Kissimmee 407-847-4204
- Methodist: First United Methodist Church 101 W Dakin Ave, Kissimmee 407-847-3700
- Pentecostal: Kissimmee Pentecostal Assembly 722 N Main St, Kissimmee 407-847-7880
- Presbyterian: Community Presbyterian Church in Celebration 635 Celebration Ave, Cel. 407-566-1633
- Synagogues: Congregation Shalom Aleichem 3501 Oak Pointe Blvd., Kissimmee 407-935-0064